electrifier
electrifier, Electrical and Mechanical Inspector
Experience:  24 years as an Electrical Contractor and Electrical and Mechanical Inspector.
13036330

I have an old garage door that has a large spring along the

Customer Question

I have an old garage door that has a large spring along the header and 2 wheels one on each side with cables. The door is out of square and the cable is off the wheel. How could this be fixed nothing is broken now. This is a manual garage door
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  electrifier replied 3 years ago.

electrifier :

The easiest way, if it works with your door, is to put a solid block under the side of the door with the cable off the wheel. Put the door down so it flexes the other way, loosening the cable on that side. climb up to the top and put the cable back on the wheel. If this doesn't work, not enough slack, you will need a rod that fits the holes on the spring end and tighten the spring so you make the cable slack more and put it back on the wheel. You might need 2 people on ladders for this second method. One of these will work. The first, if it works, is easier than the second.

Please let me know if you are able to read this now.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Not sure why this took 5 days to get an answear but I will try this if my customer has not fired me from the job in the morning. Let you know if it works out
I responded in 5 hours after your post but evidently you could not see the response so I had to change formats here after I was notified of the problem 4 days later. Good luck with your customer. Let me know if you need any more assistance.