Brian
Brian, Architect
Experience:  Licensed Architect- 17 years, L.E.E.D. AP
6457309

I have a Chamberlain Liftmaster Professional Formula 1 garage

I have a Chamberlain Liftmaster Professional Formula 1 garage door.
It has stopped working, and I only hear a series of clicks when I push either the button of the remote control or on the button inside the garage. Any ideas?
Hi and thanks for using our service! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I possibly can to give you the most accurate answer.

If the door is stuck open, verify that the trolley is not stuck on the bolt located near the motor unit. If it is, simply dislodge it from the bolt and reset limits to stop the trolley before it hits the bolt.

A clicking noise typically means a bad logic board and unfortunately they cost around $70.00. The clicking typically appears after a lightning storm or power surge. They are highly sensitive to these and fail. If the opener is older than 10 years I would recommend spending that money towards a new opener. On the plus side, today's opener technology is better and safer.

Also, invest in a surge protector made for garage door openers....it will help protect the new logic board.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to let me know…
Please rate my answer if I have completely helped you today, so that I am credited for my time assisting you. Rating my answer does not cost you any more, and only by your rating am I compensated.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Brian,

Thanks for the info. If I were to purchase the logic board online, is it reasonable simple to replace myself?

Steve

Hi Steve....yes it is pretty easy to install yourself. Unplug unit...take the cover off and unplug the old one and plug the new one in. Nothing difficult.