Barry G.
Barry G., Handyman
Experience:  I have done many jobs in the home. From installing ceiling fans to garbage disposals. I know a little about a lot.

I have a craftsman door opener with a keyless pad entry. I

Customer Question

I have a craftsman door opener with a keyless pad entry. I am trying to change the code but my model does not have an ENTER key. The model #139.18050 and the serial number is XXXXX - how do I change the code?
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Michelle-Mod replied 11 months ago.

I'm Michelle and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with our professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from one of our professionals?

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Pet to Legal.

Thank you,

Michelle~Moderator
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

we have still not figured this out - so anything you can provide us with would be appreciated - we have tried all variations of keys to use for the enter key and nothing will accept. So our keyless entry pad is useless to us. Only the remotes work

Expert:  Gina-Moderator replied 11 months ago.

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX continue to look for a professional to assist you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance while you wait.

Best,

Gina-Moderator

Expert:  AssuredElectrical replied 11 months ago.

Welcome. My name is XXXXX XXXXX would be glad to assist.

Can you look on the Keypad itself and find a name or model?

May have to open the battery area to find it.

I believe you posted the actual opener model, is that correct?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

The only number on the key pad is 031D0511 - this is on the inside cover

Thanks for the information.

Maybe you could use a picture of the keypad?

Upload to tinypic.com

Then they will give you a link to access the picture, then post that link here.

The number doesn't provide any information unfortunately.

There have been so many keypads over the years and there are numerous programming possibilities.

Maybe a visual will allow to match it somewhere.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

i have just had some door people drive by and they were able to help me - so my keypad now works - I assume since you were unable to assist me in this problem that I will not be charged the $15.00 -

Please adivse so I will know if the charge will be applied

Glad all is well, great timing on the door company happening by.

I will forward to customer service for you, I am a technician and do not handle anything other than assisting with issues on equipment.

Thanks, no need to reply to this post.