Home Improvement Questions? Ask a Handyman for Answers ASAP
Welcome to Just answer! It is OK to keep it in the window. Some people wrap the part that sticks outside with heavy plastic and tie it in place with 2 or 3 bungee cords...that will protect it some what but will allow water vapor to condense inside the unit around the wiring... causing corrosion at the wiring and those components.It is better to leave it exposed to prevent such condensation.
Next best is to remove it from the window and store it in the house.Let me know if you need any elaboration on that answer... as long as you choose to rate my answer *positively, I will hold the question open for you.Thanks!Phil