Brian
Brian, Architect
Experience:  Licensed Architect- 17 years, L.E.E.D. AP
6457309

how do i fix ceramic tiles that have fallen off, in my kitchen,

how do i fix ceramic tiles that have fallen off, in my kitchen, just behind the kitchen sink.

Hi and thanks for using our service! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I possibly can to give you the most accurate answer.

You can scrape the old cement off where the tiles were attached and off the back of the tiles; then clean well with water and let dry. Then purchase a ceramic wall tile adhesive and a 1/8" notched trowel. Apply adhesive to back sides of tiles and press into place, maintaining an equal gap around the tile. Let dry overnight.

Purchase a grout that matches the existing; if the joints between tiles are less than 1/8", purchase an unsanded grout. Apply grout into joints surrounding the tiles and let set for 15 minutes; then carefully wipe off excess grout with a damp sponge. Wipe diagonally to avoid scraping out the grout. Wait another 30 minutes and wipe with a dry towel to clean remaining grout residue. Avoid the grout joints at this time; if you accidently hit a joint just massage it smooth with your finger.

Let it all dry over night and it will be good to go.

How did you make out Alicia?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Brian, Have'nt had time to get around to doing the tiles as yet. I Have builders around doing a back decking, & I have just come home from a family drama. I'll be leaving information on my computer as I can refer back to what to do. Thank You.

Sure....reply with any questions, at your convenience.