Rick
Rick , General Contractor
Experience:  Licensed construction supervisor with 35+ yrs. experience.
94766

This house is loactyed on a watefront lot 50 ft wide by 450

This house is loactyed on a watefront lot 50 ft wide by 450 FT deep

We have had the building enlarged and renovated and are in finishing stages

The front is very sandy soil that is now very loose where cars sink in 3 to 4 inches

What is best way to regarde this and hold sand down ? I have heard that large prous closth overlayed with small rounded rock layer would be good?
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Rick replied 3 years ago.
Welcome, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you with your issue

Your first layer should be geotextile cloth (like you mention), then a layer of rip rap (baseball to softball size stone that's typically sifted out of screened gravel) then a layer of smaller stone for a top layer. It's best if the fabric is as wide as your drive way. If you can't get it as long as you need then it should over lap at least 4'
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thansk that sounds good

We are also looking at putting a loft area over the kitchen-- span of about 11.5FT by 12 feet deep as an extension off extisting attic that has 2" x 1)" floor joitrs

I was thinking of using TJI Floor Joists for this new loft They look much stronger on deflexion and lighter in weight. If on 16" dcenters would materials cost be much higher than with 2" x 10" standard wood?

Expert:  Rick replied 3 years ago.
This is an entirely different subject and the site would request that you start a new question thread for new topics. That said I'll give you a quick answer. As I recall there is very little difference in the load that an SPF (Spruce, Pine,Fir) 2 x 10 and a 10" TJI can carry.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

This was your reply on a loose sand driveway rework at a beach house we have back in Aug 2013

NOW we are looking at getting estimates. We are in Suffolks County , Long Isalnd, NY 11733.. what kind of price would I expect to be quyoted for this work based on anbout 4500 square feet of level ground easy access.?

Expert:  Rick replied 2 years ago.
Site work costs vary significantly from one part of the country to another. I'm sorry but I can't even give you a meaningful ballpark number. Your best bet is to get at least 3 bids from local contractors.