Dr. Fix-It
Dr. Fix-It, Handyman
Experience:  Work on all parts of home construction & maintenance

I am trying to remove a Kwikset double-keyed deadbolt lock.

I am trying to remove a Kwikset double-keyed deadbolt lock. I cannot figure out how to remove it. There are two interior cover plate screws about 3/4 inch long, but no other obvious ways to remove or loosen the cylinder mechanism. all suggestions would help

Hi my name is XXXXX XXXXX Dr.Fix-It, Your online expert ready to assist you

It is possible that the deadbolt is simply stuck after removing the screws and just needs a few good taps to knock it free. Otherwise, the interior face plate may have an inner cover behind the two screws, so once remove the two short screws, you should be able to pop off the little face plate and remove two more longer screws that hold the assembly together and may have a recessed hole to access them..

~ Please give it a try and let me know if have any questions along the way with a reply....only rate my answer ok, great, or EXCELLENT after we have worked on the issue together to your satisfaction. Bonuses are welcomed & appreciated. I look forward to any future inquires as well, Thank You ~