Rick
Rick , General Contractor
Experience:  Licensed construction supervisor with 35+ yrs. experience.
94766

I am presently replacing windows in my home and selected two

I am presently replacing windows in my home and selected two brands--Window World 6000 Allside and Atrium 8700 series. Could you please tell me which of these brands are better quality?
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Rick replied 3 years ago.
Welcome, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you with your issue

There isn't much differenece between these 2 windows. Construction is similar but the Atrium does have aluminum reinforced sashes which is a marginal improvement but not worth a significant premium. As long as you get the Low E argon option with the Allside 6000 the thermal performance of both windows is similar. Since there isn't much difference between the windows I would pay more attention to the quality of the installer. With Window world it's a crap shoot since they use many differnet sub-contractors. You have no way of knowing if you'll get a good one or not. If your Atrium vendor uses their own in house installers then that might be a better option