Rick, General Contractor
Experience:  Licensed construction supervisor with 35+ yrs. experience.

When looking to buy a home what should I be sure that not only

When looking to buy a home what should I be sure that not only I look at, but also make sure the Home Inspector looks at as part of their review of the home?

Rick :

Welcome, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you with your issue

A home inspector will/should routinely look at the operating condition and age of the mechanical systems (HVAC, plumbing, wiring) as well as the structural condition of the house which includes the age and condition of the roofing and siding. Insulation and ventilation are other areas that should be considered as well as any ground water and/or drainage issues for the lot as well as the basement

Rick :

You as a buyer would also want to consider the age and condition of the kitchen and bathrooms. Will they need updating. This can be a big expense

Rick :

If appliances are included in the sale then their age and condition is also taken into consideration