Dr. Fix-It
Dr. Fix-It, Handyman
Experience:  Work on all parts of home construction & maintenance

Retaining wall question: My contractor built a retaining wall

Retaining wall question: My contractor built a retaining wall to hold a raised patio. The polymer sand on the patio itself is not yet in. We are noticing wash out into the plantar box, which is also built as retaining, will this stop once the polymer sand is in. The fabric against the wall is not all pulled up very high and some does not even show behind the stones that are in place on the patio surface. Is it possible that the fabric needs to be higher or will it be ok.

Hi my name is XXXXX XXXXX Dr.Fix-It, Your online expert ready to assist you

The fabric is there to prevent weeds from popping up after have the stone patio in place and still allow drainage into the soil below. So do not need nor want it high up against the stones as will prevent the sand from filling in the voids as once the polymer sand is compacted level, it will help hold the stones in place and will not easily run off. The polymer modified sand will harden as it dries which allows it to resists erosion, weed growth and insects...

see >

Please only rate my answer ok, great, or EXCELLENT after we have worked on the issue together to your satisfaction. Bonuses are welcomed & appreciated. I look forward to any future inquires as well, Thank You . .