The Home Smithy, Home Builder
Experience:  #1 Home Improvement Expert 30+ years experience

I have all kinds of dryer lint, wood chips and other garbage

I have all kinds of dryer lint, wood chips and other garbage under my house from the previous owner, in the crawl space.

I need to get it cleaned out. I have been crawling around fixing other things and don’t think this can be cleaned adequately by hand or with a rake, etc.

I am thinking it would be best to have like a duct cleaning vacuum or something similar used. Is this something that can be or is done? What type of firm do I need to contact?

Hi. Welcome to Just Answer.

I have seen many units like you describe, both manufactured, and stick builts with sub floors.

You could call in a duct cleaning service but rest assured you wont like the cost.

The units that I have cleaned I did with a good powerful shop vacuum and some flexable tubing as an extension (see picture). The last two I hired a college kid to do for me. Knees dont crawl very well anymore.

Please let me know if you have any other immediate concerns.
If not please select a positive rating at this time. Doing so will not close your question, and after you rate my service you may ask any followup questions you like. All at no additional charge.
Thank you for the opportunity to serve you.
Best, Smitty
**How to rate your expert**

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the bill is going to the previous owner as this was supposed to be taken care of prior to my assuming ownership.

given that, would a duct cleaning company be willing to do this? or, would they not want to be dragging their equipment around in filth?

Jennifer, I really coudn't say. It would be up to the company.

I can tell you that most duct cleaning companies that do HVAC ducting have to do systems under houses as well as inside them. I just dont know if there are any local companies that do duct cleaning in your area.

Please provide your zip code and I will see who is available in your area.

Thank you.