Rick
Rick, General Contractor
Experience:  Licensed construction supervisor with 35+ yrs. experience.
94766

What factors would help to decide what company to hire for

What factors would help to decide what company to hire for tree removal on my property?
Welcome to Just Answer,

First and foremost are they insured. Both liability insurance and worker's comp. Next references. Get several references and follow them up. Also ask them how they plan on approaching your job; how will they access the down trees, how will they dispose of them. You need to know in advance that they won't tear up your lawn to get to the down trees.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello Rick,

You made no mention as to factors such as the importance of being licensed company or a certified auborist in choosing the right company. I would appreciate further advice.)

Licensing is not required in many States and you don't need an arborist if you're just removing trees. Of course these certifications are beneficial but you will be paying extra for a skill set you don't need. If you were doing some limbing or pruning (which was not mentioned in your original question) then hiring an arborist would be advisable.