The Home Smithy, Home Builder
Experience:  #1 Home Improvement Expert 30+ years experience
3079445

Getting ready to have new windows installed in my home. I live

Getting ready to have new windows installed in my home. I live in Albuquerque where it is NOT humid at all & we have a lot of sunshine. I'm going with the E glass but I keep getting mixed messages as to whether the vinyl or aluminum frames are better. I'd appreciate your take on this.
Thanks!!!

Hi. Welcome to Just Answer.

Having worked in Albuquerque for a while I am familliar with the climate there. I would definately go with the aluminum frames. I have installed both types and with the sun so intense there I can tell you that vinyl will hold up, but not as long as aluminum.

Both are good products, but in the long run the vinyl will eventually begin to get brittle and crack. It may not be in our life time, but it will happen sooner than the aluminum will fail.

Please let me know if you have any other immediate concerns.
If not please select a positive rating at this time. Doing so will not close your question, and after you rate my service you may ask any followup questions you like. All at no additional charge.
Thank you for the opportunity to serve you.
Best, Smitty
**How to rate your expert**