Rick
Rick, General Contractor
Experience:  Licensed construction supervisor with 35+ yrs. experience.
94766

Hi, I purchased a Weber grill from Home Depot. They offered

Hi, I purchased a Weber grill from Home Depot. They offered the grill with free assembly. Long story short, they assembled the grill incorrectly at the store and grease coated the inside of the grill housing and it leaked out and stained my TREX decking. Nothing will clean out these grease stains. I tried Dawn, power washing, trex cleaner. Nothing works. Can you suggest anything to try? Also, home depot had to submit a claim for my trex. Do you know if new trex would match my decking?

Rick :

Welcome, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you with your issue

New Trex will match your deck if the same color is still available. But if your deck has faded you might notice a difference at least for a few years until the new stuff fades too.

Customer:

thanks. I have a very nice house, I dont want 5 trex boards to be noticably different. Do you have any other cleaning suggestions?

Rick :

This product might work but you'll have to use it on the entire deck

http://corteclean.com/HOME/Welcome.aspx

Rick :

You should try it out in an inconspicuous area first before doing the whole deck

Rick :

If the above product doesn't produce satisfactory results then I would press HD for all new decking.

Rick :

Assuming of course your existing decking is noticeably faded

Customer:

ok thank you Rick for your help. I appreciate it. They have a claims adjuster coming tomorrow. Thank you for the great advise.

Rick :

You're welcome!