Brian
Brian, Architect
Experience:  Licensed Architect- 17 years, L.E.E.D. AP
6457309

Hi, ive had a liftmaster garage door opener for several years

Customer Question

Hi, ive had a liftmaster garage door opener for several years now, recently ive purchased a non-liftmaster universal remote control. Normally id have 2 cars synced with the liftmaster garage door and the remote control + the keypad outside working perfectly. However, after a recent reset on all controls, my 2 cars are having trouble with syncing with the liftmaster garage door opener...i honestly dont think its my cars and it has been working for previous years. Any possible advise? Thank you in advance
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Brian replied 3 years ago.
Hi, my name is Brian and I will be helping you today.

I have seen this happen several times in the past when a new remote, that is not compatible, is introduced to the mix. I would start over....erase all codes and start with the keyless pad and cars. My feeling is you have bought the wrong remote.

If you are satisfied with this answer please leave me a positive rating at your convenience.
Expert:  Brian replied 3 years ago.
How did you make out Edmond?