Brian
Brian, Architect
Experience:  Licensed Architect- 17 years, L.E.E.D. AP
6457309

I cant program my garage door opener. I have pushed the learn

I can't program my garage door opener. I have pushed the learn light ad depressed the transmitter button but it won't open the door.
Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you today.

You may have a bad remote. If you can...see if you can program another remote or keyless pad to rule out the motor unit as the problem. If you cannot get other devices to program either then you most likely have a bad logic board. Unfortunately a new board costs around $70. If the opener is older than 10 years I recommend putting that money towards a new opener instead.

If you are satisfied with this answer please leave me a positive rating at your convenience.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The unit is from 2003 is that a normal life for a logic board?
Average life of a door opener is 10 years. Logic boards are highly sensitive to electrical storms and power surges. Any way to program a different remote to see if you can get it to program? This would mean the current remote is bad
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have tried three, one from 03 05 and 2012 none work the green " learn" light never blinks just stays on for either 6 or 30 seconds and nothing happens.
Yeah that sounds like a logic board. Sorry for the bad news.