Jason
Jason, Electrician
Experience:  I do all of the remodeling projects on my own home. Experienced in all facets of Home Improvement.
9920183

My garage door , which is less than 2 months old , suddenly

My garage door , which is less than 2 months old , suddenly will not go down. It goes down ,maybe 3 inches , stops and goes back. It is 115 degrees in phoenix today , could it be the heat?

Jason :

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer.

Jason :

It's possible heat that extreme has cause expansion of something, and the track is slightly misaligned now. The first thing I would try is increasing the Down Force.

Jason :

If you look on the sides and the rear of the unit, you should see a knob with a down arrow, and a kG symbol next to it. I would increase the force with this knob slightly, and try the door again. I wouldn't move it more than about an eighth of a turn between attempts to close the door. Please let me know how you make out with it.