Marc, Handyman
Experience:  Plumbing, Heating, and home maintenance contractor

when I moved here the previous owner kept humidifier running

when I moved here the previous owner kept humidifier running all the time, water runs in basement when it rain and goes down drain. Will mold build and be harmful and get on me if I don't run it? Also haves radon system They say I can't remodel floor if it alter the radon system.

Marc : Hello and thank you for using our service. I will assist you today with your question to the best of my ability. DO NOT RATE SERVICE UNTIL COMPLETED
Marc : hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you tonight.
Marc : If you have water in your basement after it rains and there is no dehumidification then the possibilities are great that mold will form. In my own basement (which has similar features) I turn the dehumidifier down during dry spells however you must remember to turn it back up during rain periods.
Marc : It is best to keep it on a constant setting.
Marc : As for the basement floor. Installing new floor will not affect the radon. Radon is below the concrete and is sealed below it. There is no problem with finishing it off.
Marc : Please feel free to comment or post other relative questions if necessary.
Customer: Ok thank you. I just talked with newbies and apparently water comes through cement outside and comes through basement and best not to finish floors. Thanks for feedback about radon, warranty states not to do anything or I will forfeit warranty. Maybe I can finish half the basement where it's not located but have to get rid of mold.
Marc : Your very welcome. It's strange because radon mitigation is performed below the sealed cement and under a membrane to prevent permeation into the home. Also a floating floor would be very good for your wet basement. Here are some options to explore...