The Home Smithy, Home Builder
Experience:  #1 Home Improvement Expert 30+ years experience

I bought a used infrared sauna that worked perfectly. I disassembled

I bought a used infrared sauna that worked perfectly. I disassembled it, brought it home and snapped it back together. Now when I plug it in the red power light comes on but nothing else happens. Everything seems to be controlled by a white box on the sauna roof. The radio turns on but nothing else will. There is no manufacturer name anywhere so I suspect its a Chinese unit. Help!
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Gina-Moderator replied 1 year ago.

I'm Gina, and I’m a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from one of the professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Health, Pets, Computers, Cars, Finance, Law, to Home Improvement, and more.

Thank you,

Gina-Moderator

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I need help with this issue and surprised I haven't gotten a reply. The short answer is I still need help with the Sauna.

Hello Matt,

Thank you,

Gina-Moderator

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I'm still waiting. I need this question answered.

Expert:  Michelle-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Hello again,

We are still working with our professionals’ to find you the best possible match. But I wanted to touch base to see if you were still needing our professional's assistance.

Please let me know if you would like to continue to wait or if you would like to cancel your question at this time. We sincerely XXXXX XXXXX the extended wait time.

Thank you,

Michelle~Moderator
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I really need the answer to my problem.

Expert:  The Home Smithy replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer.

When you disassembled the unit did you take any wires apart?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No, I just unplugged at the plugs and connected them back up. I aslso checked at the box on the roof to make sure all the plugs were in tight.

Okay. It is possible that one of the pins in the "molex" connectors (plastic wire connectors) came loose. Disconnect the molex connectors and use a small pair of needle nose pliers to be sure that none of the pins are slipping back and forth. If they are all secure then this is going to require someone on site that is familliar with electronics and home electrical systems. At that point this will not be a do it yourself project Im sorry to say.

Please let me know if you have any other immediate concerns.
If not please select a positive rating at this time. Doing so will not close your question, and after you rate my service you may ask any followup questions you like. All at no additional charge.
Thank you for the opportunity to serve you.
Best, Smitty
**How to rate your expert**

The Home Smithy, Home Builder
Experience: #1 Home Improvement Expert 30+ years experience