Brian
Brian, Architect
Experience:  Licensed Architect- 17 years, L.E.E.D. AP

My Lift Master 1/2 HP, Model 1265LM, garage opener stopped

Customer Question

My Lift Master 1/2 HP, Model 1265LM, garage opener stopped working. The button used to open/close the door only illuminates a green dot when pressed.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Brian replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX X will be helping you today.

Could you please describe a little more of the symptoms?
Noises from the opener?
When you refer to button, is this the wall button or handheld remote?
Does the opener not work with either wall buton or handheld remote?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I pressed the wall button and the door opened. When I went to press it again to close, it did nothing. The door remained opened and I had to manually close it. There are no noises from the opener.

The button I am referring to is the wall button as there is no remote.

Expert:  Brian replied 1 year ago.
Verify that the trolley is not stuck on the bolt near the opener. If it is you will need to get the trolley off the bolt and adjust the UP LIMITS so that the door stops prior to hitting the bolt.

If it is not stuck on the bolt see if the trolley will go down if you press and hold the wall button.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The trolley is NOT stuck on the bolt. I had to pull the emergency release handle to close the door. Lights work and the "learn" button indicator lights up which is the only way I can determine there is power reaching the opener.

Holding the wall button makes the green indicator light flash.

Expert:  Brian replied 1 year ago.

Is there a numeric pattern to the blinking light near the LEARN buttton?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No pattern. Solid orange/yellow light.

Expert:  Brian replied 1 year ago.
The wall button may be bad or loose wiring. I would remove the wall button from the wall and jump the wires to see if the opener works. If this doesn't work then the problem is inside the opener.
Brian, Architect
Experience: Licensed Architect- 17 years, L.E.E.D. AP
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The wall button in fact was bad and I have purchased a new one.

Thank you

Expert:  Brian replied 1 year ago.
That's great Albert! Glad you fixed it and you didn't have to spend a lot of money. Visit us again if you need anything else. Have a great day!