The Home Smithy, Home Builder
Experience:  #1 Home Improvement Expert 30+ years experience
3079445

We have purchased a LG WT-H8006 washer. I am finding it the

We have purchased a LG WT-H8006 washer. I am finding it the worst washer I have ever bought due to the amount of lint left on the clothes and the pilling. I sort the clothes very carefully and after using front loader washers for the past 36 years have never come across this problem. It seems no matter how little I put in a load it still comes out looking like something from the rag bag. I have to change the lint filter after each cycle and wonder if we will have anything left of our clothes after 6 months due to the large amount of lint each wash creates. I am so dissapointed as I was advised that because there is no agitator in these washers I would receive just as good a wash as my front loaders gave if not better. It is so bad that I cant even mix 2 towels even dark colours as the lint passes from one to the other. I have tried putting small amounts into the washer and make sure it isn't overloaded but nothing helps. Any ideas before I toss it to the rubbish tip?
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  The Home Smithy replied 1 year ago.

Hi. Welcome to Just Answer.

It seems that this is a common complaint with this model. Customers either love it or totally hate it.

Unfortunately it seems that LG has not figured out what is going on or just dont want to. The wash plates in these units are hard on clothes as rather than tumble them or move them around the wash drum with a regular agitator they have more of a grinding effect.

If the unit is less than a year old you should be able to get a different model after enough service calls under the warranty. Do not let them put it off as customer overloading. Get the service person out there and show them what is going on. If you dont get satisfaction call and have another tech come out. Just keep it up and eventually they will get tired of coming out and do something about it.

I know that this isnt what yuou want to do, but there really isnt much else that can be done. It is just a bad design, and LG is eventually going to have to bite the bullett and do something. The same thing happened a few years back with the Whirlpool Neptune units. It took a class action law suit to get them to do something about the problem. Hopefully that wont be the case here.

Please let me know if you have any other immediate concerns.
If not please select a positive rating at this time. Doing so will not close your question, and after you rate my service you may ask any followup questions you like. All at no additional charge.
Thank you for the opportunity to serve you.
Best, Smitty
**How to rate your expert**

NOTE: I realize that this answer may not be entirely to your liking, and I regret being the bearer of information that you really don't want to hear. But it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me were I to provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information. I hope you understand.

The Home Smithy, Home Builder
Experience: #1 Home Improvement Expert 30+ years experience