The Home Smithy, Home Builder
Experience:  #1 Home Improvement Expert 30+ years experience
3079445

Thanks Home Smithy. My husband said the same thing about the

Thanks Home Smithy. My husband said the same thing about the larger tiles. He will be happy to know another has his same opinion. I will follow his, (yours), advice. I just noticed you are a appliance repair person as well. I have a Maytag front loader 3000 series that is making a loud noise when it spins. Someone said it is the main bearing and not to bother and fix it because it is a flaw in the design. What is your opinion on this?
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  The Home Smithy replied 1 year ago.

Hi. Welcome to Just Answer.

Is the model number MAH3000xxx?

LOL! and my wife says all my taste is in my mouth!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

its in use right now but Im pretty sure it is. I purchased it in 2009

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

MHWE300V IS THE MODEL #

Lynn, these can be repaired. Im not sure if the neptune bearing kit will fit but you can ask them. I believe it will. There is also the "tony tool" that you can rent to do the bearing work. You have to make a deposit but that is refunded as soon as the tool is returned in good condition.

I dont think the waiting list is very long now eitherr. A couple days maybe.

There are complete instructions on the web site and of course if you get stuck Im always here to help.

The repair usually runs about 8-900 bucks. With the kit and you doing it yourself it runs under $200.00.

Please click here to go to the website.

Other than the bearing this is a great unit. Once a good beraring and seal are installed they last quite a while.

Please let me know if you have any other immediate concerns.
If not please select a positive rating at this time. Doing so will not close your question, and after you rate my service you may ask any followup questions you like. All at no additional charge.
Thank you for the opportunity to serve you.
Best, Smitty
**How to rate your expert**

The Home Smithy, Home Builder
Experience: #1 Home Improvement Expert 30+ years experience
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

That is the best news I've had in a while. Thank you so much!