Brian
Brian , Architect
Experience:  Licensed Architect- 17 years, L.E.E.D. AP
6457309

How do I do a factory reset of a wayne dalton Quantum 3214

Customer Question

How do I do a factory reset of a wayne dalton Quantum 3214 garage door opener?
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Brian replied 3 years ago.
Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you today.

The closest thing to resetting to factory settings is to press and hold the PROGRAM SWITCH button for 10 seconds. This will erase all transmitters from memory. The STATUS light and overhead light will flash 3 times indicating a successful erase operation.

Unplugging the unit and plugging it back in will reset other minor things.

If you are satisfied with this answer please leave me a positive rating at your convenience.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Brian for the quick response. I had tried this previously, and yet again after reviewing your answer with no luck - I just never get the flashing lights showing a successful erase.

The issue I'm having is our neighbor's car is opening and/or closing our garage door when they come and go. None of our openers open their door, and their second car does not open our door - it's just the one car. I've reprogrammed our outside keypad and hand held remotes with no luck.

Any other ways to force this thing to erase all the settings?

Thanks

Expert:  Brian replied 3 years ago.
Sounds like you may have a problem with the logic board since you are unable to reprogram remotes. It is rare to have someone else open your door with their remote unless you have an old opener.

I would have them erase all codes on theirs and reprogram their remotes. That is the least expensive option but not convenient for your neighbor. The next option is to get a new logic board but they cost $70. If your opener is older than 10 years I would put the money towards a new opener. You will appreciate the latest safety features and the billion rolling code technology that no other remote can open.
Expert:  Brian replied 3 years ago.
Matt, How did you make out?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Well, all though it wasn't the answer I was looking for (I wanted the no cost answer, but that wasn't going to happen) it was the answer I knew was coming and it was good to get a second opinion before I went out and bought a new system. Thanks Brian

Expert:  Brian replied 3 years ago.
Great....thanks for the update.