Rick, General Contractor
Experience:  Licensed construction supervisor with 35+ yrs. experience.

Hi,Im wondering if I should buy an electric pressure washer.

I'm wondering if I should buy an electric pressure washer. I don't have an air compressor. I can get an air compressor for about $100. The air pressure washers start at $300. I don't want to buy junk, but I think a lot of the electric product suit my needs. I have aluminum siding and I'd like to paint it next year. No time this year. I have some painting jobs to do this year and I thought I might get a paint sprayer and there is electric sprayers too.

I'm not going to use these items a lot, but I don't want to waste my money. I don't want to rent because I have to learn to use them. I'm very inexperienced. I hate to pay people that don't do the job right either. There are a lot of home improvement contractors who don't do the job right. I have been a victim too many times. For simple things like painting, I try to do it myself.

Rick :

Welcome, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you with your issue

Rick :

Pressure washers don't use compressed air they use a high pressure pump. They aren't difficult to use and if you by a new one the instructions that come with it are all you need. Lowes has Troybilt washer that are first rate and reasonably priced.

Rick :

The airless paint sprayers on the other hand aren't very good and probably won't do the job you want. Since you'll only be painting your house every 8 to 10 years using a brush is probably your best bet.