Rick, General Contractor
Experience:  Licensed construction supervisor with 35+ yrs. experience.

If I had a cinder block garage with a 6 inch thick concrete

If I had a cinder block garage with a 6 inch thick concrete floor and it burnt. Do I need permits to erect a new metal building of the exact dimensions in it's place on the same pad?

Rick :

Welcome, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you with your issue

Unless you live in a very rural area with no code enforcement, you would need permits to construct a new garage.

Would you possibly know the permits I would need? Being as there is no electrical or plumbing involved.

Rick :

Then you would probably only need a building permit. If this is on the property where you live you should be able to pull the permit yourself or if you're having a contractor build the new garage it's best to have the contractor pull the permit

The contractor I have requires me to pull the permit. Thank you for your time and answers.