Cerecita
Cerecita, Home Improvement Answer Team
Experience:  Home Improvement Expert
1470369

My Brinks Home Security Safe model #5059 combination doesn't work

I have a Brinks Home Security Safe, model #5059 and another number ************ I have the key but the combination does not open. How can I get my combination?

I can help you with your question.

Brinks Fire Safe Model 5059 is now called a Honeywell Model 2054. Here is some information about the name change: http://dsafe.stores.yahoo.net/hobrsa.html

The manual for your safe is located at: http://common.csnstores.com/common/marketing/Safes/Honeywell/2054_2084.pdf

As you can see from the guide (page 2), the preset combination was provided on the safe's original manual. If you still have the manual, it is on the inside back cover - the preset combination cannot be changed so you would still be able to access it with this master combination.

If you don't have the original manual and need assistance to open the safe, you can can still do that by contacting Honeywell at 1-800-223-8566
Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 4:00 pm Pacific Standard Time or by e-mail at [email protected] .

What they will ask you for is a notarized letter showing safe ownership in order to get the master combination. When you call Honeywell, you will need to provide your safe's model number, the serial number (found on the right of the safe, near the model number), and your key number.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Michael has given you some good information, however, I have a little different info regarding their phone contact, hours of operation and location. The phone number is ***** same, but is in the Central time zone, and I also have their website listed as below:

Phone: 1-800-223-8566 Hours: 8:30am-5:30pm CST, M-F

http://www.honeywellcentral.com/safes

I wish you much good luck with your safe!

Cerecita, Home Improvement Answer Team
Experience: Home Improvement Expert

I wanted to make sure you have what you need and that it's clear to you what the correct information is. All of my original information was accurate.

Hours of operation:
As you can see in the printed material that I sent you, the hours of operation are as I originally stated. Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 4:00 pm Pacific Standard Time
graphic

The website, http://honeywellcentral.com/safes is a retail site. They use the Honeywell name under license and although Honeywell refers retail sales of many products to the site (Honeywell doesn't sell directly to retail) there is no direct affiliation, so they will not be able to help you with the combination. The site that I included in the information I gave you originally is correct. The site is:
Http://honeywellsafes.com
graphic
As you can see, they are located in the Pacific Time Zone - but that does not change their effective hours significantly.

Honeywellcentral.com and honeywellstore.com are NOT owned by Honeywell - they are owned by a reseller named eAccess Solutions and would only be of help to you if you needed to purchase a new safe. From their about page:
"HoneywellStore.com is operated by eAccess Solutions, Inc. eAccess is a global provider of consumer products, software and consulting services,"

To recover your original master combination, you must refer back to the information that I initially provided, which I've included here. Please disregard Cher's references to eAccess Solutions Inc, doing business as Honeywellstore.com and honeywellcentral.com.

The only legitimate entities that handle the service of Honeywell safes are LH Licensed Products (http://honeywellsafes.com), and SISCO, the company at the phone number above who you will be contacting, and the company who manufactured and supported the safes first under the Brinks Brand and then under the Honeywell brand. So your Brinks Safe that is now a Honeywell safe was actually a "SISCO" safe all along, and that's who you'll be contacting. Enough to make an above average consumer dizzy.Undecided

I'm very sorry if this has caused any confusion. I wanted to make certain that you have a clear understanding of the correct information so you can regain entry your safe as quickly and as painlessly as possible. After all, that's why you came here. Thank you again. If you have any questions or run into any issues, you may reply to me directly.

Remember, too, that if you do happen to have the original manual (and it's not locked in the safe), you don't need any of this information because the master combination is in there (I like to think positive). Have a great weekend!