Rick, General Contractor
Experience:  Licensed construction supervisor with 35+ yrs. experience.

Gaps between house and patio. Gaps between driveway pads. What

Gaps between house and patio.
Gaps between driveway pads.
What is the best gap filler?
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Rick replied 3 years ago.

Rick : Welcome, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you with your issue
Rick : How big is the gap? What is the patio material?
Expert:  Rick replied 3 years ago.
It really depends on the size of the gap. If you have failing/rotting expansion joints in your concrete drive the best product is Gap Armour

This product can also be used between the house and the patio. If you have a gap smaller than 1/2" then you can use polyurethane caulk to fill the gap. If you use the caulking it's best to clean the surfaces so you can get a decent bond. If the patio gap is more than 1/4" but less than 1/2" you might want to use caulking backer "rod".
You stuff this compressible foam "rope" into the gap then caulk on top of it. Urethane caulk is available at most Home Centers and lumber yards and comes in a variety of colors
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The gap between the house and exposed aggregate patio is about one inch.
Expert:  Rick replied 3 years ago.
Then the Gap Amour is your best bet for a gap this big. It allows for some movement where the only other viable alternative, filling the gap with a product like Sakrete Sand Mix, would not move and a crack (even if only a small one) would likely redevelop