Brian
Brian, Architect
Experience:  Licensed Architect- 17 years, L.E.E.D. AP
6457309

I re-install a doorbell after painting. I have two wires coming

Customer Question

I re-install a doorbell after painting. I have two wires coming from the wall each contain a red and white wire. The box shows T3, F2, 0, and R. How do i wire this?
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  mhburris4040 replied 3 years ago.
Hello, My name is Mark, I will help you with your question today. If you feel that I helped, please offer Positive Feedback.

I need a little more information to help you out. Do you only have one door bell button?

One of the pairs of wire comes from the transformer and one pair comes from the button. We need to try and figure out which is which. Let me know if you have any idea which is which. I can help you figure it out if not
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes, we only have one doorbell button.
you have any idea on what brand this doorbell is?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes, sorry Friedland D3126.
This should be the last question and I will be able to get this sorted out for you...Are both pairs of the wires the same size and color? also, do you have access to a voltage meter if it's needed? And are you in the US or UK?

thanks

Mark
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I am in the US. There are four wires coming from the wall. They are bound together in two's, each set has a white and red wire. I can send a picture of anything you need.
I think what might be more helpful would be a picture of the door bell with the cover off so i can see the connection points and maybe the wire too. I having some trouble finding info on this exact model. Is the wire fairly small? I am guessing that it is small bell wire. if this is the case we can figure out where the wires go. If the wire is really small try touching each pair together and see if you get a spark from any of them. If they do spark, these are the hot pair make a note of this pair as it will be important when we get thing figured out. Sorry for all the questions, but I'm sure I can get this sorted out once I can see the unit

thanks
Mark