Jon K.
Jon K. , Small Engine Diagnostic Expert
Experience:  Gold certified Stihl tech, Service Manager for a rental/repair shop.Certified in most small engines
29067132

How to remove blade on [email protected] cat. # XXXXX type 1 electric mower,

Customer Question

How to remove blade on [email protected] cat. # XXXXX type 1 electric mower, 18" cut. The blade is spinning freely and shaft turns when I turn the nut.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Rick replied 3 years ago.

repairguy :

my name is Rick ,I will assist you

repairguy :

You are going to need a pipe wrench, so you can stop the shaft from spinning.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

There is less than one eighth inch under blade to the iron housing. No tool will fit as with gas engine shafts.

Expert:  Jon K. replied 3 years ago.
The only way I have found to remove the blades on these electric motors is to use an impact gun. If you have one or have access to one be very careful installing it after you have sharpened or replace it. The square plastic spacer that goes between the blade and the nut must be set in place perfectly (there are two tabs that go over the blade and an oblong hole that fits the blade hub)
My suggestion to you is to bring it to a shop. Most shops will remove or install a blade for free or very little. If you are looking to sharpen the blade they will do that as well again for a minimal charge