Brian
Brian, Architect
Experience:  Licensed Architect- 17 years, L.E.E.D. AP
6457309

Our door will not close everyday at about 4 pm. I think it

Our door will not close everyday at about 4 pm. I think it has something to do with where the sun is. Our door faces west. Not sure how to set sensor so it will be at a different angle. Can you help?
Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you today.

Yes, the sun light will definitely mess with the sensors. I would reinstall them so that they are further away from each side of the opening. It may only take an inch or two. Realign them after you move them.

If you are satisfied with this answer please leave me a positive rating at your convenience.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'm 70 years old so need a little more direction. When you say move them an inch or so . Do you mean away from the door? I don't see a lot of room to do that.

Yes, have a friend or relative move them sideways, away from the door opening; basically putting a few more inches between the sensors. Actually, you really just need to move the one that is getting hit by the sunlight. This may give just enough to put them in the shadow of the sunlight.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks

You are welcome. Good luck with it and have a great day!