Daniel, Electrical Engineer
Experience:  Expert in electrical & mechanical design, troubleshooting, and problem solving
47322625

I am looking to clear 1.38 acres for a horse. It has pines

I am looking to clear 1.38 acres for a horse. It has pines and oak. What is the best way to clear this for the least cost? I read some people sell their wood. Please advise.

Hi there happy to help.

Can you tell me how many trees you are talking about here and the diameter of the oak and pine? Also what area of the country are you in?

Let me know
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I live in Northern Virginia Area. I would say the pines are Douglas Fur trees I assume...they grow everywhere here. Also the Oaks and trees in the back are fairly large. I am not sure how tall they are but they look like typical forest size trees. They are not young trees as I can see. I hope this helps.

Regards

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

sorry I forgot to answer. The Oak tree must be almost 20 inches wide most of them.

OK, the first thing I would do is put an ad in your local paper, or publication for free wood. All you need to do is cut it and haul it yourself. Also check places that sell firewood and call them and ask if they are interested. The removal of the stumps could be either a negotiating point or something you end up still having to do.

Mention the oak trees. Many people have uses for this other than fireplaces. Furniture, etc.......

Lumber has gotten very expensive, especially oak.

Its quite a bit of expense if you have to get equipment or hire a service to do this for you so I would check and see if there is someone in your area who can benefit from it.

Good luck and let me know how it goes.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok thank you.