Brian, Architect
Experience:  Licensed Architect- 17 years, L.E.E.D. AP

Instructions on how to reprogram the 139.53681B remote Garage

Instructions on how to reprogram the 139.53681B remote Garage Door Opener
Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you today.

Press the LEARN button on the back of the motor unit and hold this button for 6 seconds to erase all codes. Then press the learn button again and then press and hold the button on the remote, within 30 seconds, until the opener light flashes or you hear two clicks. The remote will then be programmed.

If this doesn't work, please provide any symptoms that you are witnessing and any history of recently purchasing a new remote.

If you are satisfied with this answer please leave me a positive rating at your convenience.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'm assuming the Learn Button it the RED Pushbutton.

I push it in, the Light comes on then goes out.

I push the Button again and also the Remote Button, within 30 seconds, but the Light goes out. It does not flash, nor do I hear any ckicks.

I have new Battery in the Remote.

The Wall Mount Unit works OK.

What elsr could be causing this. Is the Remote possibly shot?

The Learn LED shoud stay lit for 30 seconds. Try unplugging the opener for a minute and then plug back in. We'll see if we can reset it. Let me know if that helps.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No Luck the the LED shut off after 5-6 seconds. Does not Flash. Could not hear any clicks either.

Would you suggest purchasing another Remote, or do you think the Circuit Board on the Opener Unit might have a bad terminal?

You may have a bad logic board but let me verify something first. Can you provide the model number off the motor unit?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It appears you have the correct remote, although the one in the owners manual does not have a "b" after the number.

The LED should stay lit for 30 seconds on your model, I verified this in the manual, so you may have a bad logic board.

I still want to try some other things first: Click here for owners manual

If you have the lock feature on the wall console, verify that it is not engaged.
Try programming the remote with the second method in the manual, which doesn't use the Learn button, page 35

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Brian, I have saved the Manual. Thanks for all your help.

The place I'm living is a Rental House, so none of the Manuals exist, as far as I know.

You are welcome Don. If the second method doesn't work, you may have a bad logic board and they average around $70, unfortunately. If the opener is older than 10 years I recommend putting that money towards a new opener.

Please rate my answer at your convenience and good luck with it.