Brian
Brian, Architect
Experience:  Licensed Architect- 17 years, L.E.E.D. AP
6457309

My 2005 sears gargae door opener stopped working from the sears

Customer Question

My 2005 sears gargae door opener stopped working from the sears remote as well as the remote button in my wifes 2005 Lexus that is built into the car. The lighted switch on the wall raises and lowers the door but the light is blinking. Another switch for the second door does not. Also when you push the sears remote the light blinks for a few times on the opener motor before it shuts off. How do I get these to work again
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Brian replied 3 years ago.
Hi, my name is Brian and I will be helping you today.

Check to see if you have the lock feature on your wall button. If you do have it and it is engaged, it will not allow the remotes to work and it will be flashing. You have to hold the button with the lock symbol for 5 seconds to disengage. Wall button flashes when it is engaged and does not flash when it is disengaged.

If you are satisfied with this answer please leave me a positive rating at your convenience.
Expert:  Brian replied 3 years ago.
Bob, anything else you need help with regarding the opener? If not, please rate my answer and have a great day.