Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have a 1/4 hp. Chamberlain screw drive opener. Suspect lightning

Customer Question

I have a 1/4 hp. Chamberlain screw drive opener. Suspect lightning fried it. Can't find a replacement near Oxford, NC 27565. Don't want to change from screw to belt or chain. What can I do?
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Michelle-mod replied 3 years ago.

I've been working hard to find a professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!

Michelle

Expert:  Russell H. replied 3 years ago.
As I understand the case, you need to replace your garage door opener module, a screw-drive type made by Chamberlain.
And you cannot find a local vendor for it.

Would you be willing to buy the replacement from Sears Online? or from some other online source? I have not checked yet, but (depending upon the model #) I suspect some online source might be offering a viable replacement for sale. I see some that might be proper replacements listed for sale for $40 to $250.

Please reply with the model # for the opener you have (if possible), and also mention the details I mentioned above. Thanks.
This one might be compatible?:

http://dofshop.tr.vu/B000IJVC0U.html

which is a Chamberlain brand screw-drive opener.
(...the odd-looking domain name is for Vanuatu, and links redirect to amazon.com.)

Or perhaps this one?:

http://www.sears.com/genie-2562-tc-powerlift-900-1-2-hp-ac/p-SPM7003172404?prdNo=8&blockNo=8&blockType=G8

which is a Craftsman brand screw-drive opener.

Thank you for asking your question here at JustAnswer.com, and feel welcome to ask another at any time, in any of our numerous categories.