Brian
Brian, Architect
Experience:  Licensed Architect- 17 years, L.E.E.D. AP
6457309

How much can I save on my energy bill if I have one centralized

Customer Question

How much can I save on my energy bill if I have one centralized switch that controls all of my lights? Percentage range?
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Rich replied 3 years ago.

Rich :

Hello Rich here any savings would be relative to your habits and how you use the lights ... and your plan for the central switch

JACUSTOMER-8txmdpzp- :

Can you give me an a range?

Rich :

2% to 20% I canj give you a range .. but have nothing to base it on how big a houise .. hoiw many people ,, kids .. what type lighting how much time are you home .. what hours .. what electric appliances do you have stuff like that has to be considered

JACUSTOMER-8txmdpzp- :

that's ok thanks

Rich :

if you want to continue .. we can .. but realize there are many factors to consider ...

Rich :

A more efficient cost cutting method would be to turn each light on and off as you need them .. with a central switch you would likely have too many lights on that were noit being used ,, and have the effect of increasing your usage