Brian
Brian, Architect
Experience:  Licensed Architect- 17 years, L.E.E.D. AP
6457309

I rent a room in my condo. The condo was completely refurbished

I rent a room in my condo. The condo was completely refurbished in 2007. The carpet installed in the room I rent has "buckled." In other words there are ridges or "waves" in the surface. Otherwise the carpet is good, and could be cleaned and readied for a new tenant. It would cost about $1000 to re-carpet the room, but I would rather see if the carpet and pad could be smoothed out, by any means. That way I would pay only for labor, not a new carpet, which seems unnecessary otherwise.
Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you today.

If the mesh has separated from the carpet it will be hard to fix. If it hasn't then you could rent a carpet stretcher at your local home improvement store.

Use the stretcher to stretch the carpet and resecure to the nailing strips at the perimeter of the room.

It is a physical job and you may want to hire it out. I would keep calling around....a small carpet installing company will come out for free to give you advice. Don't pay the $150....that is rediculous.

If you are satisfied with this answer please leave me a positive rating at your convenience.