Rich
Rich, Home Improvement Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 35 years construction and home maintenance experience
5098113

My Craftsman garage door opener is model # XXXXX My

Customer Question

My Craftsman garage door opener is model # XXXXX My remote push button unit is 139.30498 and my keypad transmitter is 139.53876-03.
The pushbutton and keypad are new.
I can't program both units to operate door. If I program one, the other doesn't work, either way.
How can I program both to work?
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Rich replied 1 year ago.

Rich :

Hello .. Rich here

Rich :

The instruction are like this Start by clearing all the codes on the opener. To do this press and hole the "learn" button until the LED next to it goes out (about 6 seconds). Now no remotes should operate the door.

Now program in the first remote. Press and release the "learn" button and within 30 seconds press and hold the button on the remote. Continue to hold the remote button until the lights on the opener blink. Do this same thing for each additional remote.

If you're still only able to get one remote to program that means one of the remotes is bad. It's a "radio language" fault that causes one remote to work at a time but it's the remote doing it, not the radio built into the opener.

Rich :

for the keypad you will enter the code yopu want and then enter

Rich :

the system swallowed your reply please post it again

Rich :

Hello .. we could discuss what is happening with your door before you rate my part as poor

Rich :

you are not participating at all .. in order for thsi forum to work we both ned to contribute

Rich :

please tell me what you have done so far and what was the result

Customer :

erased all codes. programmed remote and it works. tried to program 4 digit code into keypad and it won't take.

Customer :

erased codes again, programmed 4 digit code and the keypad works but cannot program remote now

Rich :

how did you key the code in .. there are a few steps .. and you have only a short time to get from the opener to the pad

Customer :

with codes erased, pressed red "learn" button, entered code before light went out as per keypad instruction sheet. keypad works fine.

Customer :

held in button on remote and pressed "learn" button, remote does not work.

Rich :

OK .. the remote is programmed by holding the button on the remote , then pressing the red button on the opener and releasing both at the same time ..

Rich :

the indicator light next to the red learn button will flash and then be solid .. thats when to release both buttons

Customer :

I can program either one, but not both. I have tried every scenario that you have described and followed the printed instructions perfectly.

Customer :

I'm sorry, but you have not been helpful.