Brian
Brian, Architect
Experience:  Licensed Architect- 17 years, L.E.E.D. AP
6457309

My craftsman garage door opener will not operate when using

My craftsman garage door opener will not operate when using my emote controls .But it works when using the wall mounted control . Ichecked the batteries and they are good. the opener is about 16 yrs. old. i was wondering if it is the receiver logic board?
Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you today.

Sorry to hear about your problem with the opener.

If you have a lock feature on the wall button, verify that it is not engaged....this will disable the remotes.

If you are certain that you erased all codes and then reprogrammed the remotes correctly, per the owners manual, I would have to say you have a problem within the motor unit.

The things that would effect the range of the remote is the antenna or logic board. I would verify that the antenna is hanging straight down. Also verify that the antenna is secured to the logic board. If all of that is good, you may have a bad/ burnt solder connection on the board or the board may have a solder defect at the antenna. This would require a new logic board....and unfortunately they cost around $70 (average). If your opener is older than 10 years I would recommend putting that money towards a new opener.

In addition, remote range problems have become increasingly difficult to troubleshoot and can take some process of elimination. More recently, several things can affect the range of your remote controls, including cell towers, satellite dishes, and any wireless devices in the house. If you can think of any wireless device that you may have recently installed just before this started happening....you may try unplugging that item to see if it helps.

Another thing to try is plugging the garage door opener into a different circuit by means of an extension cord....see if anything changes.

PLEASE READ BEFORE RATING MY ANSWER: Your final rating of my answer carries a lot of weight. It effects my overall ratings and I am dedicated to give you the most accurate and complete answer possible, based on the information you provided me. Please rate my answer fairly and if you are not satisfied with any part of my answer, please let me know so that I can clarify and have you leave here satisfied with your experience.