AssuredElectrical
AssuredElectrical, Home Specialist
Experience:  35 years home improvement
53189252

I have a pressure washer where the pressure hose connects to

I have a pressure washer where the pressure hose connects to the pump with a quick connect.

What do I need to add in order to inject a baking soda solution into the nozzle/hose when it's operating in high pressure mode?
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  AssuredElectrical replied 1 year ago.
Welcome. My name is XXXXX XXXXX would be glad to assist.

Let me give you 2 options for injecting any solutions into the pressure washer stream.
If yours does not have the option already at the pump section.

1. Fitting that will attach at the unit and feed through the pump at the pressure washer.
CLICK HERE

2. Fitting that allows to attach at the wand end, bypassing the pump section (used for more abrasive or corrosive solutions)
CLICK HERE

Since there is no Model listed, your fittings may be a bit different and another brand may be needed.
But any others will be the same, at the pump or at the wand end.

Just reply for any other information that may be needed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks Tommy.

I'm interested in the injector type that attaches at the wand end. My nozzles are the standard quick connect type used by most professional and higher end consumer equipment. The unit develops 2,500 psi.

I want to wash mechanical parts using a mixture of water and some abrasive material such as baking soda, so keeping the media out of the pump is essential.

I've tried using air soda blasting equipment, but it tends to clog often due to humidity and other factors plus it's somewhat difficult to regulate the amount of media used. Sand blasting tends to damage the surface of the parts too much.

1. Does the device in link #2 above pull an abrasive solution from a container while the nozzle is operating at full pressure, or is a soap nozzle required?

2. What other abrasive materials can be used in this type of system?

3. Can you recommend a different and better alternative?

4. Will using 150 degree water improve the cleaning rate?

Thanks.

It is made to pull from the container just like a sand blaster using the water flow for the suction instead of air like a sand blaster.

Now, it is hard to say how well it will pull if the solution is too high in solids concentration.

That part would have to involve some trial and error to get the correct consistency as most pressure washers are used for liquid mediums and not much testing has been done in that area to my knowledge.

They are normally used for liquids, any solids content will need some further testing.
Just no information on the market using in the way you wish to do, but my thoughts are, it should work well up to probably 20% or so.
May tend to wear out the nozzles, so may need spares handy

Just a sand blaster

Have you tried the glass beads in a sand blaster?
Sand tends to have problems with humidity much more than the beads.
Or, peanut shells possibly.
There are many different blasting medias on the market today.

CLICK HERE to see some on the market today

The higher temperature would certainly help with the cleaning process.

The only thing to look at when using a higher temp, is watching the pump for any problems.

Don't know if thee is any issues with your unit or not, the manual would state if temperature is a problem, but I would say it is not an issue at 150 degrees or so.

Stay aways from anything higher as it could create some flashing at the nozzle.

AssuredElectrical, Home Specialist
Experience: 35 years home improvement
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you Tommy. You always have very clear answers.