AssuredElectrical
AssuredElectrical, Home Specialist
Experience:  35 years home improvement
53189252

I have a sentry S3877 non-electronic wall safe. I know the

I have a sentry S3877 non-electronic wall safe. I know the code and when I press the keyboard, it says proceed - not"error". It also says "low battery". I can't get it to open. I have a key for it, but that doesn't open it either. what do I do?
Welcome. My name is XXXXX XXXXX would be glad to assist.

The key is supposed to open the safe whether the batteries are good or not, but to be on the safest side, please follow the directions in your manual.
The manual has pictures associated with the sequence, so instead of me posting the instructions, it is best to see them in the manual itself.

CLICK HERE and follow the directions on Page 2 for inserting batteries.
Save a copy for you files also for future use.

You can accomplish this from the outside of the safe as shown with the pictures.

Something that does happen when the sit, they get sticky on the plungers.
When opening, insert the key, apply some pressure and begin to jiggle the door as much as possible while keeping pressure on the key.
If the plungers are sticky this usually helps free them and open the safe.

Try the new batteries and see if the combination works and nothing has happened.

There is a phone number in the manual as well for customer service if a new key is needed.
They are the only ones that can help with keys and combinations

Thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Unfortunately, I don't have a manual and haven't a clue where to put batteries. Can you help me there?

If you will look at my posting, I provided you a copy of the manual.
Here is another one. See page 2

CLICK HERE ---<<< CLICK the blue writing