mhburris4040
mhburris4040, Home Improvement Enthusiast
Experience:  Old School Hardware Guy...20+ years experience working for a large hardware store, not a big box mega-store

I have a Sentry safe, model #2286. My safe was moved recently

I have a Sentry safe, model #2286. My safe was moved recently and now I can't open it. It had been awhile since I had opened it, so when it wouldn't open for me I went on-line to get the generic instructions for the left, right, left sequence to see if I was doing it wrong. I have the combination and have tried it several times and the safe won't open. Could something have jammed it when it was moved? It was only moved a few inches.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  mhburris4040 replied 1 year ago.
on a safe with a 3 digit combination.

Start at zero and then you go left past zero 3 times and stop at the first number
then go right past your 2nd number only once and then stop at your number the second time.
Then back left and stop on the third number.

I think that the issue is that you are passing the second number twice. Try that and let me know if that works. If you feel that I have offered quality assistance, please rate this answer as positive as this is the only way that I get credit for helping you. If you need further assistance, just let me know and I will continue to work with you...Thanks and good luck
Experience: Old School Hardware Guy...20+ years experience working for a large hardware store, not a big box mega-store

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer (EVEN IF YOU ARE A SUBSCRIPTION MEMBER). This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

Please remember this is a dialog, if you have follow-up questions please use the REPLY button and ask. If you have additional questions, sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.