Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired contractor, 51 years experience
23932409

home improvement questions: how do we know the small technical

home improvement questions: how do we know the small technical and architectural details of our house, for example the airconditioner system plan of our house, where the studs in the walls are, etc.?
If we want to make small sitting place above the front door on the surface where people usually put plants, how do we know it will support weight of people?If one adds a "catwalk" for humans not cats in the house, how much such detail might cost? Which company does this type of services?
Have all work permitted and inspected. WE KEEP GOING UNTIL YOU HAVE THE INFORMATION YOU NEED. I come and go. be patient.

Hello, welcome back to Just Answer !

You can purchase a 'stud finder' at the hardware store for $25 or so, its battery powered and can locate the studs. They are typically 16" apart in most homes.

Any house remodel contractor, and some handymen can build any cat walk for humans and that sitting space for you, Depending on how fancy you want it costs could range from $20,000 to $50,000 or more.

If you want a detailed architectural drawing of the house, an architect can do that for a fee, depending on the detail the fee could be $5,000 or a lot more

A college architectural student would likely produce an acceptable product for $2,000

Tell me what you need such drawings for, and how big the house is and how old the house is, i can be more explicit.

.Let me know, we can go from there

.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Many thanks, XXXXX XXXXX us ballpark estimate to start to think about it!

You are welcome!! I am glad I could help.

I will put up the rating box so that you can rate my service so far. We can continue on the same dime so to speak for any elaboration you might need days or even months later .

Thanks!

.

.