AssuredElectrical
AssuredElectrical, Home Specialist
Experience:  35 years home improvement
53189252

My genie garage door opener just stopped working. I cant

My genie garage door opener just stopped working. I can't open from wall or remote. No breakers are thrown and it is plugged in.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  AssuredElectrical replied 2 years ago.
Welcome. My name is XXXXX XXXXX would be glad to assist.

First, insure the receptacle is powered where the opener is plugged in.
Get a lamp or small tool and plug it into the receptacle and check for power.
Next, if there is power, do you have any lights on the sensors at the door or at the wall button?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
There's power. The red and green lights on the door sensors are on.
Ok, thanks.
You stated it is a Genie, correct.
What is the model number of the opener?
That will allow to pull up a manual to have the necessary information
to proceed further, since you have confirmed power is at the opener and it should be ready to respond.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Genie Pro Model 1024
Thanks.
Right now, lets just look at the wall button since it directly wires to the opener.
Is there a light on the wall button?
When you press the wall button, does anything happen at all? Such as lights blink, noise from opener but no movement?

Do you have you manual?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no light on wall button. nothing happens at all when i use the wall button or remote. when i use the remote, the red light on the opener does blink.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no manual, but i look at online.

Ok, I dont know if you have the manual or not, so
Click HERE for one on line

I think the best thing to do at this point, is see if the opener will respond to programming.
You may have experienced a power surge and it could have damaged the logic board.

First, Page 22 of manual
Erase the open/close settings
Press and hold both of the "SET" buttons
( & ) together until the green indicator
light blinks (about 5 seconds).
2. All close and open travel limit settings are
erased. Then follow the steps on page 20 to
reprogram close and open travel limits.

Then on Page 20 see if you can set the open and close limits first starting with the open since the door is already closed and connected to the arm.

This should tell if the board is damaged and needs replacing if the opener will not respond to any of this.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The Open and close travel buttons did not work.

If it will not respond, it appears the main board has failed.
You can see the needed board HERE for replacement

If you would like a second opinion, I can opt out and see if another expert has any other information to assist.

Just post what you would prefer.
AssuredElectrical, Home Specialist
Experience: 35 years home improvement