Eric M. Bright
Eric M. Bright , We Don't Comprehend the Word Can't!
Experience:  I've been been doing things for my clients that others have said cant be done for over a 1/4 Century
25936098

We have Genie Pro 1024. Both remotes stopped working at

We have
Genie Pro 1024. Both remotes stopped working at same time, and only remote on house would work. Then that stopped. Have unplugged unit and plugged in again, and checked sensors. One is red, one is green, neither are flashing. Help
!
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Eric M. Bright replied 4 years ago.

Eric M. Bright :

Hi, Welcome to JustAnswer.com, I am glad you are here! My name is Eric & I will endeavor to answer your question.

Customer:

What is your answer?

Hi, I am so sorry! I have been having terrible internet connectivity problems! I had composed an answer to you and hit send and thought it had posted before I left to pick up my Dad from dialysis. I guess it did not send.

We get this same question several times a week and in about 70% of the cases, the solution is that the batteries are weak or dead. Because in many cases the batteries were all new at the same time, they tend to all die at just about the same time. Replace all of your batteries and see if that solves the problem. Keep in mind that it is possible for the batteries to still have enough power remaining in them to light the light on the remote but to not have enough power to generate a RF signal viable enough to communicate with the opener.

If however, you replace the batteries and that does not solve the problem, then we have to reprogram all of the devices.

In the event that you do not have a copy of your manual, here is a link to where you may download a .pdf copy to store on your computer. (The blue text is a clickable link)

Genie Pro 1024 Owner's Manual

Detailed instructions on how to program your remotes are on page 23 of this manual.

Remember, you will need to first erase all remote control codes from the receiver memory before you re-program the remotes.