Eric M. Bright
Eric M. Bright, We Don't Comprehend the Word Can't!
Experience:  I've been been doing things for my clients that others have said cant be done for over a 1/4 Century
25936098

how many breeze blocks required for a single skin garage.width

how many breeze blocks required for a single skin garage.width 11ft height 10ft length 22ft.standard size.please mark .
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Eric M. Bright replied 4 years ago.

Hi, Welcome to JustAnswer.com, I am glad you are here! My name is Eric & I will endeavor to answer your question.

If you are using the most common sized block which is 8" X 8" X 16" (mortar joint included) you would need 792 blocks to build four wall 11' high. HOWEVER, if a 8" X 12" tie beam is going to be included in that 11" height, you may subtract about 72 blocks as the poured tie beam will substitute for that space.

calculate doors and window square inches and subtract another 128 Sq. in. per block.

So if you are going to have 2 windows 36" by 36" = 10.125 blocks each a ealk door at 84" X 36" and a roll up door at 10' X 7 ft.

....10.125 blocks for a window

+ 10.125 blocks for a window

+ 23.625 blocks for a walk door

+ 78.75 blocks for a roll up door

= 123 Blocks to take out of your revised total.

Also don't forget to calculate the space consumerd for poured headers or lintals

1 block = 128 sq. inches. I'll let you do that additional math. but if you need me to do it, provide me with all of the sizes for everything that is mpt going to be made of bloccks and I'll do your math for you.