Jerry, hearth products
Experience:  owned and operated stove retail and service 12 yrs
34748161

I have an Enviro Flame EF-II model FS, and it has decided not

Customer Question

I have an Enviro Flame EF-II model FS, and it has decided not to deliver pellets. What are my test steps? I cannot find a local dealer in my area. I have tried to familiarize myself with the stove manual and found the red button on the fire box. It is not popped out. I have the Owners technical manual for reference.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Jerry replied 5 years ago.
Welcome to JA! The most common reason for this is the stove needs a thorough cleaning. Ash building up throughout the stove and chimney will eventually slow the air flow enough to where the pressure switch turns off the auger circuit. A good tell tale sign is if the glass gets dirty with black soot very quickly. This means the stove needs cleaned. You can test this by temporarily bypassing the Vacuum switch.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The stove was clean and operating before the delivery of pellets stopped. I am very careful to keep this VERY EXPENSIVE stove clean. I had already emptied all the pellets and vacuumed it long before I contacted you folks. I reloaded the hopper, turned on the blower switch, turned on the speed of delivery and still did not get pellets into the burn tray.

You mentioned bypassing the Vacuum switch---how would I do that to test functionality of the Vacuum switch or the motor?
Expert:  Jerry replied 5 years ago.
Depending on the age of the stove and how many ton of pellets have been run through it, the cleanliness of how the Stove looks has nothing to with how dirty the inside of the stove is. But yes you should find the vacuum switch ( it will have a rubber hose and two wires attached ) remove the wires and connect them together. Make certain the stove is unplugged before doing this. Then try the Stove.