Eric M. Bright
Eric M. Bright, We Don't Comprehend the Word Can't!
Experience:  I've been been doing things for my clients that others have said cant be done for over a 1/4 Century

i have lost my safe combination. how can i find out my combination

Customer Question

i have lost my safe combination. how can i find out my combination without breaking into it?
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Eric M. Bright replied 3 years ago.

Hi, Welcome to JustAnswer.com, I am glad you are here! My name is Eric & I will endeavor to answer your question.

Let me make sure I understand. You have the key and can therefore, get into the safe however, you do not remember the combination. Is this correct?

What please. is the manufacture's name and model numnber of your safe?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes. i do have the key. it is a sentry safe with an external key and combo lock. according to the sticker: 83310/ BD589421*

Here is a copy of Sentry's Policy on re-issuing Lost Combinations.

It is a hassle however, it is the only way you are going to get the combination of our safe.

They make you jump through hoops but it's better than someone being able to get your combination without your consent!

These instructions seem somewhat confusing. If after reading them you require further clarification on exactly what to do, you may call Sentry at 1-800-828-1438.

IMPORTANT: Please read the following instructions carefully. For your protection, combinations CANNOT be issued by telephone request. To order replacement keys and/or combinations, it is essential that you MAIL the items listed in each category below to Sentry Group with your order. If you need assistance in preparing your order, or wish to purchase via credit card (Visa/Mastercard only), please call Sentry Customer Service toll-free Monday-Friday at 1-800-828-1438, 8:00am - 8:00pm E.S.T.

Lost combination: First, find your safe's Model and Serial Number. The Serial Number is XXXXX on the small label beside the door hinge (outside). Send a copy of this, a notarized letter (last name must be different than that of owner) stating you are the safe's owner, and a check or money order for $12.00* (U.S. funds) to:

Sentry Group, Dept. 200,

XXXXX

Rochester, NYNNN-NN-NNNNUSA.

If using a credit card (Visa/Mastercard only), call 1-800-828-1438 and fax your Model and Serial number with the notarized letter to(NNN) NNN-NNNN

Lost keys: To obtain replacement keys, find your safe's Model and Serial Number. The Serial Number is XXXXX this packet, and is also printed on the small label beside the door hinge (outside).

Order by Mail: Send the Model and Serial number along with check or money order (U.S. funds) for $12.00* to:

Sentry Group, Dept. 200,

XXXXX

Rochester, NYNNN-NN-NNNNUSA.

* NOTE: Prices subject to change without prior notification.

IMPORTANT: For assistance in the event of lost keys or combination, or for information on ordering extra organizational features, please call us toll-free Monday-Friday (8:00am- 8:00pm E.S.T.) at 1-800-828-1438, or visit us on-line at http://www.sentrysafe.com/.

Order by Internet: Visit our website at:

www.sentrysafe.com. Go to our Customer Service Section

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

All i remember is the last two digits was 43

Your combination should be 6 - 85 - 43.

Does that sound right?

OK so we have established your combination as 6 - 85 - 43.

Do you know the opening sequence?

These locks were made in two configurations.It is therefore possible that the combination can either be dialed "LRL" or "RLR"

Try this:

1. Turn the dial to zero.
2. Turn the dial to the left (counterclockwise) three times to the first number of the combination (pass the first number of your combination two times, stopping on it the third time).
3. Turn the dial to the right (clockwise) two times to the second number of the combination (pass your second number once, stopping on it the second time).
4. Turn the dial to the left to the last number (stop the first time on your last number).
5. Pull the handle down; the door should open.

Or in reverse

1. Turn the dial to zero.
2. Turn the dial to the right (clockwise) three times to the first number of the combination (pass the first number of your combination two times, stopping on it the third time).
3. Turn the dial to the left (counter-clockwise) two times to the second number of the combination (pass your second number once, stopping on it the second time).
4. Turn the dial to the right to the last number (stop the first time on your last number).

Experience: I've been been doing things for my clients that others have said cant be done for over a 1/4 Century
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
thank you for your help!
You are welcome please do not hesitate to leave positive feedback ASAP if you are satisfied with my help.