Brian
Brian , Architect
Experience:  Licensed Architect- 17 years, L.E.E.D. AP
6457309

My Valor fireplace will not turn on with the remote. I have

My Valor fireplace will not turn on with the remote. I have changed the batteries in the remote and in the sensor. The pilot is on .
I can turn the fire on manually.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Brian replied 5 years ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer,

It sounds like the remote may not be synchronized with the receiver. This can happen if the remote had dead batteries and was not used for a period of time. I would redo the steps as if this was an initial setup with the remote. I'm not sure what model you have but click here to see directions on how to initially connect the Valor remote to the receiver. Let me know if you have a different model if this doesn't work for you.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Our model is 530 XAN/XAP - the remote appears different to the one in the link and we don't seem to have any synch procedure.
Any ideas?
Expert:  Brian replied 5 years ago.

Yes, you are correct, this model does not require the synch procedure. The remote just needs to be programmed for time, temperature, and automatic on/ off while the function display is flashing.

I would program the remote and I would verify that the wiring connector to the receiver is still plugged in and that the four wires, leaving the receiver and going to the valve, are still plugged in. If all of this is good you most likely have a problem with the remote or the receiver and they should be looked at to see if they need to be replaced. You can disconnect the receiver pretty easily and bring that and the remote to the nearest shop to have them tested.