Brian
Brian , Architect
Experience:  Licensed Architect- 17 years, L.E.E.D. AP
6457309

My neighbors Craftsman garage door opener opens & closes my

Customer Question

My neighbor's Craftsman garage door opener opens & closes my garage door. We changed the pin's on our keyless entries but that didn't help.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Brian replied 5 years ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer.

Changing the pins on the keyless entries will not fix this. You need to reprogram your remotes by pushing the learn button on the back of the door opener. If you have an older opener and do not have a learn button then you will have a row of tiny switches on the back of the opener. These little switches are either up or down and you will need to reconfigure them. Once you do that, you will need to open your remotes and match the tiny switches in the remotes, to the pattern of the opener. If you have the opener manual it will explain all of this more clearly. If you do not have the manual, I can possibly find it for you if you give me the model number for your opener.

If you need further help or clarification on this answer, please do not hesitate to reply to this post.