John Contractor
John Contractor, General Contractor
Experience:  Licensed GC, OSHA Certified, 25 Years Experience Commercial & Residential
22184762

How much should I be paying to have my house painted?

Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  John Contractor replied 3 years ago.

Hello

All depends what type of Paint you want to use, the Price for Exterior is between $1.50 and $1.85 Per Sq Ft. You want to add up the Sq ft of your home, Then see how many Gallons of Paint that you need. Then multiply Times $1.50 or $1.85, that will tell you how much you are going to speng on Painting your Home..

Good Luck

THANK YOU

John Contractor, General Contractor
Experience: Licensed GC, OSHA Certified, 25 Years Experience Commercial & Residential
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for your reply, not sure whether you meant the $1.50 - $1.85 includes the paint or if the paint is additional. Also, we have a 1924 bungalow, lots and lots of original windows and lots of trim. I'm thinking it might be higher because of that? Also, do you have any tips that I need to watch for so I know they are doing the right prep, the house has not been painted in over 20 years and some of the window trim has peeled back to the original wood.Thanks so much

Hello

Painters Charge about $1.50 per sq ft to Paint, This Does not Include The Paint Sorry,, I would Keep an eye on what type of paint they put on, how fast they are moving when stripping the house and the Type of Caulking they use and how much,, if you have any more Questions please feel free to ask,, Thank you,,

Good Luck

THANK YOU

John Contractor, General Contractor